The Entity of the Mystic Law gosho begins thus: QUESTION: What is the entity of Myoho-renge-kyo? Answer: All beings and their environments in any of the Ten Worlds are themselves entities of Myoho-renge-kyo. As Elwood says in the Blues Brothers… And remember people, that no matter who you are, and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there’re still some things that make us all the same. You, me… them… everybody! everybody! This first passage from the Gosho reveals [...]
The picture I have chosen to introduce this article is a three dimensional fractal. Hopefully it can demonstrate how a simple universal truth (in this case, a mathematical construct) can give rise to all the beauty and complexity we perceive as reality. Ichinen Sanzen is the Buddhist theory that describes that reality. Despite having written at length regarding the Ten Worlds, the Ten Factors and Three Realms, it is almost inevitable that my words alone will only have provided the [...]
Read the other parts of this series – Part 1 – Part 3 – Part 4 Ichinen Sanzen – Part 2 Previously, in the Ten Worlds article, we introduced the concept of Ichinen Sanzen (3000 realms in a single moment of life), and how it is comprised of the Ten Worlds, the Ten Factors, and the Three Realms. In this article I’m going to tackle the Ten Factors, which collectively describe: our interface with the universe, in terms of our [...]
The Anxious Buddhist FREE ebook
A FREE e-book that takes a look at Anxiety Disorder from a Buddhist perspective.
Download your copy now!The Anxious Buddhist
- Screaming in silence
- Duality is to capitalism
- The womb of compassion
- SGI UK – a look back and a look forward
- The horse and the pond
- The knot of hope
- Why does compassion have to be boundless?
- Fixing the Dharmic plumbing
- The dogma of atheism
- Mindlessness can lead to baby eating
- The life of Nichiren Daishonin
- Faith is a well baked loaf
- Liberation from cannabis
- Was Nichiren Daishonin saved by the Dalai Lama?
- Persecution and extremism
- Would you do this on faith alone?
- Say it ain’t so – Silence continues on plight of Burmese Muslims
- Meditation in Nichiren Buddhism
- The difficulty of middle way thought
- When anger is hardly noticed – Virgin Broadband adverts
- Springstein’s microphone cable cut by the Blade Wheel
- Opening the Eyes of Wooden and Painted Images
- Fast Daimoku and Long Daimoku – A Middle Way?
- Turning poison into medicine