I recently wrote an experience describing some of the life events that lead to me receiving [the] Gohonzon last year (I’ve never been sure people insist on omitting the definite article when referring to the Gohonzon). I originally sent this to my great friend, Jason Jarrett (pictured – me on the right) who had been so instrumental in nurturing my Buddhist faith. He read it out so beautifully in the October 2011 episode of his wonderful abuddhistpodcast. So, a few […]
Tag Archives | experience
You are here: Home > experience
The Anxious Buddhist FREE ebook
A FREE e-book that takes a look at Anxiety Disorder from a Buddhist perspective.
Download your copy now!The Anxious Buddhist
Anger Bodhisattva Buddhahood Cause & Effect Compassion Courage Daimoku Daisaku Ikeda Discrepancy Emptiness experience Gohonzon Gosho Gratitude hell Ichinen Sanzen Impermanence Karma Kosen Rufu Lotus Sutra Mindfulness Nagarjuna Nichiren Nichiren Buddhism Nirvana Sutra Poetry pure land Shakabuku Shantideva Shoju Soka Gakkai Ten Worlds T’ien-t’ai Zen
- My incense was so incensed!
- When the precepts don’t feel like precepts
- Impermanence, depression, and the crows
- Screaming in silence
- Duality is to capitalism
- The womb of compassion
- SGI UK – a look back and a look forward
- The horse and the pond
- The knot of hope
- Why does compassion have to be boundless?
- Fixing the Dharmic plumbing
- The dogma of atheism
- Mindlessness can lead to baby eating
- The life of Nichiren Daishonin
- Faith is a well baked loaf
- Liberation from cannabis
- Was Nichiren Daishonin saved by the Dalai Lama?
- Persecution and extremism
- Would you do this on faith alone?
- Say it ain’t so – Silence continues on plight of Burmese Muslims
- Meditation in Nichiren Buddhism
- The difficulty of middle way thought
- When anger is hardly noticed – Virgin Broadband adverts