The solem aim of this website is to raise awareness of Mahayana Buddhism in the UK, and to help people to understand the practices and awaken their own seed of Buddhahood, even if in only in a small way. I’m Steve Sant, a practising lay buddhist. I originally began practising Nichiren Buddhism through the SGI in the UK, but now practice under Thich Nhat Hanh with the Community of Interbeing.
The Anxious Buddhist FREE ebook
Anger Bodhisattva Buddhahood Cause & Effect Compassion Courage Daimoku Daisaku Ikeda Discrepancy Emptiness experience Gohonzon Gosho Gratitude hell Ichinen Sanzen Impermanence Karma Kosen Rufu Lotus Sutra Mindfulness Nagarjuna Nichiren Nichiren Buddhism Nirvana Sutra Poetry pure land Shakabuku Shantideva Shoju Soka Gakkai Ten Worlds T’ien-t’ai Zen
- My incense was so incensed!
- When the precepts don’t feel like precepts
- Impermanence, depression, and the crows
- Screaming in silence
- Duality is to capitalism
- The womb of compassion
- SGI UK – a look back and a look forward
- The horse and the pond
- The knot of hope
- Why does compassion have to be boundless?
- Fixing the Dharmic plumbing
- The dogma of atheism
- Mindlessness can lead to baby eating
- The life of Nichiren Daishonin
- Faith is a well baked loaf
- Liberation from cannabis
- Was Nichiren Daishonin saved by the Dalai Lama?
- Persecution and extremism
- Would you do this on faith alone?
- Say it ain’t so – Silence continues on plight of Burmese Muslims
- Meditation in Nichiren Buddhism
- The difficulty of middle way thought
- When anger is hardly noticed – Virgin Broadband adverts