While I no longer practice Nichiren Buddhism – at least not within the SGI, the echos and reverberations of Ikeda still bounce around in my head from time to time. I guess that’s inevitable after seeing endless photos of him in various victory poses. Of course, that fact alone might encourage some to claim a small victory for Nichiren Buddhism, but then this isn’t the kind of Victory I am thinking about. So, anyway, I was lying in my bed […]
Archive | January, 2014
The Anxious Buddhist FREE ebook
A FREE e-book that takes a look at Anxiety Disorder from a Buddhist perspective.
Download your copy now!The Anxious Buddhist
Anger Bodhisattva Buddhahood Cause & Effect Compassion Courage Daimoku Daisaku Ikeda Discrepancy Emptiness experience Gohonzon Gosho Gratitude hell Ichinen Sanzen Impermanence Karma Kosen Rufu Lotus Sutra Mindfulness Nagarjuna Nichiren Nichiren Buddhism Nirvana Sutra Poetry pure land Shakabuku Shantideva Shoju Soka Gakkai Ten Worlds T’ien-t’ai Zen
- My incense was so incensed!
- When the precepts don’t feel like precepts
- Impermanence, depression, and the crows
- Screaming in silence
- Duality is to capitalism
- The womb of compassion
- SGI UK – a look back and a look forward
- The horse and the pond
- The knot of hope
- Why does compassion have to be boundless?
- Fixing the Dharmic plumbing
- The dogma of atheism
- Mindlessness can lead to baby eating
- The life of Nichiren Daishonin
- Faith is a well baked loaf
- Liberation from cannabis
- Was Nichiren Daishonin saved by the Dalai Lama?
- Persecution and extremism
- Would you do this on faith alone?
- Say it ain’t so – Silence continues on plight of Burmese Muslims
- Meditation in Nichiren Buddhism
- The difficulty of middle way thought
- When anger is hardly noticed – Virgin Broadband adverts